See success stories for how the programme has helped others and could make a difference to you.
Learning to Lead
A one-year, part-time programme
We believe that the best leaders have the skills to empower and develop colleagues, and that nothing is more powerful than you as leader modelling the behaviours and attitudes you expect from your team or organisation.
This programme is built on the idea that Leadership, as well as being about vision and strategy and planning, is also about how you are with people day to day and moment to moment.
What's Different about This Programme?
The essence of this innovative programme is to develop you as an influencer who can integrate intellectual, emotional, personal and other learning into your interactions with individuals, groups and teams. We will work with you to grow and nurture your self-awareness and skills as a leader, facilitator and coach.
expert tuition, facilitation and training on leadership
This programme will
- Provide you with the ability to 'walk the talk' and be the best leader you can be.
- Enable you to develop teams, people and yourself
- Help you to understand the impact you have on others and make choices about how you manage yourself and others
- Build on your personal skills and knowledge of leadership
- Create a safe yet challenging learning environment for you to explore and develop your full potential
- Provide a supportive and challenging place to try new things, take risks and experiment before you do it in the real world!
- Accredit you with the IDHP.
learning by doing, knowledge, skills, thoughts, feelings and interactions
Who is the programme for?
This programme is aimed at leaders from the public, private and not-for-profit sectors.
Those who attend:
- Want to improve their practical ability and skills at leading
- Want to be able to develop teams, individuals and themselves
- Are keen and willing to learn and have a commitment to personal development
- Are open to new ways of learning. May or may not have done any leadership training previously.
Benefits of the Programme
- Be more aware of your strengths and weaknesses
- Know how to build on your strengths and develop yourselves in areas of weakness
- Be more skilled at listening, questioning, challenging
- Be more effective in building external relationships
- Have acquired a range of tools for influencing people
- Improve your skills at collaboration
- Understand how groups work and how to influence them whether as leader or as participant
- Be more skilled at communicating at all levels
- Be more aware of how organisations work and have more ideas about how to change organisations
- Be more motivated to excel at work
- Have coaching, facilitation and chairing skills
- Be ready to lead in new areas; be able to manage yourselves more effectively
- Be able to manage others performance at work
- Know more about leadership and organisations
- Address root causes of problems rather than symptoms
- Be more aware and self aware on equality and diversity issues
Build on your personal skills and knowledge of leadership
Ways of Working
Our ways of working will include Experiential learning, Theoretical Study, Action research and reflective practice, Masterclasses, and Skills training and practice.